The Diocese of Norwich Multi Academy Trusts (DNEAT and St Benet’s MAT) have exciting volunteer opportunities for new governors from the local community.
Being a local governor for an academy in our Multi Academy Trusts is a valuable and fulfilling role.
As a governor you will be able to:
- use your own experience of education and life beyond school to inform conversations
- develop and utilise your skills in a board-level environment
- make a valuable contribution to education and your community
- support and challenge the school so that it improves for pupils and staff
- bring your unique experiences, perspectives and insights to decision-making in the interests of the school community
We welcome applications from individuals of all faiths and none, of all ages and levels of experience and from all backgrounds. Knowledge of education and the education system or board experience are not necessary – your skills, attitude and commitment are more valuable. Our Governors are asked to agree to uphold the Christian ethos of the Multi Academy Trust.
More details can be found online here Volunteer Governor Opportunities – The Diocese of Norwich Multi Academy Trusts – DNEAT
We attach a link to our Governance Recruitment Pack. You will find the application form within the Recruitment Pack.
Please return all completed application forms to Hannah Monk, Head of Governance at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are delighted to be working with the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust as Governors to The Kingfisher Federation. Between us we have a range of governance experience which we hope will enable me to strengthen the Governing Body.
A brief description of the role of a governor. In all types of school, governing bodies should have a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
We are keen to ensure that our focus remains on promoting and securing the best possible opportunities and outcome for every pupil in the school whilst retaining our individuality as a member of a multi academy trust. We would be delighted to hear from you if you share our commitment in helping every pupil to reach their full potential and therefore may be interested in serving on our governing body.
Please do contact us via either school office if you would like any further information or have any queries at any point and any of us would be delighted to meet with you.
Governor List September 2023:
Heather Brand – Executive Headteacher
Caroline Hutton – Chair of Governors
Maria Adcock – Staff Governor
Rev’d Reg Kirkpatrick – Appointed Governor
Bridget Keeble – Appointed Governor
Alan Larkin – Appointed Governor
David Reynolds – Foundation Governor
Mrs J Lascelles – Foundation Governor
Mrs Katie Ward – Foundation Governor
Rev’d Susan Cramp – Foundation Governor & Safeguarding Governor